Not all patients are candidates for LASIK and Contoura Vision treatment. A qualified ophthalmologist must conduct a thorough eye exam and health history to make sure a patient will benefit from the procedure. At Eyemantra Eye Centre in New Delhi, Our team of eye specialists evaluate the unique eye conditions of each patient and recommend a treatment plan that will provide the best visual outcome.
Contoura Vision Eye Surgery Cost in Delhi
- As you consider your vision correction needs and confer with your doctor about what procedure will produce the vision correction that you want, the cost will inevitably be a factor in making your decision.
Contoura Vision laser correction costs the most of all LASIK surgeries. It is, in part, because the technology is the most advanced and requires specialized equipment. However, the cost also includes the expertise and training of the ophthalmologist doing the surgery. Only a few eye specialists in India have the training and experience to do this procedure. Currently, Eyemantra Eye Centre and AIIMS offer this procedure in New Delhi. Elsewhere in India, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute in Hyderabad, Sankara Nethralaya in Chennai and Narayana Netralaya in Bangalore also offers Contoura Vision LASIK surgery in India.
- It’s hard to put a price tag on a procedure that is customized to each and involves state-of-the-art equipment and high-end medical expertise. However, a survey of fees for Contoura Vision surgery in Delhi showed that there is not much difference in cost between Contoura Vision and bladeless LASIK surgery for a far superior outcome of vision correction.
- A bladeless LASIK procedure in Delhi may vary in cost between ₹75,000 and ₹90,000 (approx.) while the fees for a Contoura Vision correction ranges between ₹95,000 and ₹1,15,000 (approx.). Of course, the exact cost will vary according to the complexity of each case and the procedure used.
Contoura Vision vs. LASIK vs. SMILE – Which is Better?
Know Your Options in Specs Removal/LASIK/Laser Surgery
- Contoura Vision is approved by US-FDA claiming highest of safety in specs removal procedures.
- Blade – Less ,Pain – Less and Stitch – Less
- No Injections
- No Bandage
Also Contoura Vision has the following advantages:
- Contoura Vision with a special Topolyser is able to map and remove corneal irregularities by marking 22,000 unique elevation points on the cornea.
- This is able to create an optically perfect smooth surface of cornea, thereby highly enhancing visual sharpness and quality.
VISUAL AXIS TREATMENT
- Contoura Vision treats on visual axis which is the natural seeing axis of eye. Other procedures like LASIK and SMILE treat on pupillary axis.
- This treatment on Visual Axis futher enhances the quality of vision.
Best Hospital for Contoura Vision Correction Procedure
Eyemantra Eye Centre was deemed the best eye clinic in NCR region by the Times of India in 2016. It has been a pioneer in introducing innovative treatments in India and has been the first one in the following:
- First to start LASIK treatment for specs removal in north India.
- First to perform Zepto capsulotomy pulse cataract surgery in Delhi.
- Only eye hospital in India to be included in the International LASIK Surgeons directory.
- Pioneer in phacoemulsification cataract surgery in Delhi.
Difference between Contoura Vision and LASIK
Both LASIK and Contoura Vision are state-of-the-art techniques used to correct short-sightedness, long-sightedness, and astigmatism. There are differences between the two types of surgeries in both procedures and visual outcome.
- Although LASIK has been the gold standard to eliminate the need for spectacles or contact lenses, the Contoura Vision procedure gives better visual acuity and refractive outcome in the vast majority of cases. Contoura Vision takes LASIK corrective surgery to a new height. Contoura Vision is a computer-guided topographic mapping technique that maps microscopic contours of the cornea. The cornea is the clear front of the eye.
- This procedure treats irregularities of the curvature of the cornea as well as optics. Irregularities in the curvature of the cornea are often the underlying cause of vision problems. The treatment is centered on the visual axis of the eye. In contrast, other LASIK procedures are centered on the pupil.
- With Contoura Vision, the contours of the cornea generated by the computer analysis are programmed into a specially designed laser used for this procedure. At least 22,000 points of the cornea are mapped. An individualized treatment plan is made, and the laser applies this treatment to the cornea. Because each patient’s eyes are different, no two treatment plans are alike.
- The irregularities of the cornea are smoothed, and optical quality becomes so perfect so that light penetrates the eye evenly. This results in clear, sharp vision. The technique goes beyond the standard corrections of eyeglasses. Most patients see more clearly without spectacles after treatment with Contoura Vision than they did with corrective lenses. There are also significantly fewer problems with glare and halos around lights. Studies show a decrease in complaints by patients about the difficulty in driving at night.
- The results of Contoura Vision correction are exciting. Approximately 65 percent of the patients who had the treatment have correction better than 6/6. Also, there is less damage to tissues and faster healing. Contoura Vision is also used in some instances to treat people who have had LASIK surgery and are not satisfied with the results.
Frequently Asked Questions
In advanced cases there is a complete loss of sight and lens becomes pearly white in colour.
If you experience any of the following issues, schedule an appointment with your eye doctor immediately:
- Cloudy or blurry vision
- Double vision (diplopia)
- Fading of colours
- Seeing halos around lights
- An increased sensitivity to glare
- A distortion of vision that makes objects appear as if you’re looking at them through a veil.
Cataracts are the world’s leading cause of blindness, accounting for approximately 42 percent of all cases of blindness in all the countries, luckily its easily treatable in the present age through a simple surgery.
Some infants are also afflicted by cataract, which is caused as a result of infections during pregnancy. The disorder can also be a symptom of metabolic disease affecting the body’s processing of carbohydrates, amino acids, calcium or copper among infants and young kids. If left untreated, cataracts might also lead to blindness.
The eye may feel gritty, and sometimes you may experience some mild headache. These symptoms are common. The discomfort should rapidly improve over the next 24 hours. There should be no worsening of your symptoms. If your discomfort or a headache should deteriorate, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Your vision will normally be much better on Day 2. Sometimes there can be some blurring or misting in the eye, but this should improve over the course of the day. If you feel your vision is becoming more blurred, contact your hospital immediately.
If you take part in a sport that risks a poke in the eye, you should discuss returning to these activities with your surgeon before the operation. You should not go swimming for the first 2 to 4 weeks to minimize the risk of infection. When cycling in the first few weeks following surgery, keep your sunglasses on to reduce the impact of dust.
Jobs that are more physically demanding and involve exposure to liquids or dust might require a more graduated return to full activities, but are best discussed with your surgeon.
You may opt to choose for lenses which provide you vision for distance and near. In such cases, dependency on glasses is reduced.
Routine surgery can only correct the spherical component of the eye leaving behind the cylinder power which has to be later corrected by additional prescription glasses.
With advancements in surgical techniques and IOL (artificial lens) designs, today both spherical and cylinder components of the eye can easily be corrected with the highest precision.
The cylinder component in Cataract Surgery can be corrected by three ways
- LRI or Limbal Relaxing Incisions: In this technique, a Femto Laser is used to give highly precise incisions at the periphery of the cornea to induce cylinder correction. Since these incisions are given by a laser, it can only be coupled with a Femto Cataract Surgery.
- Toric Lenses with Verion Digital Axis Marking: Toric lenses are special lenses which have both cylinder, and spherical component build in one lens. Since cylinder axis varies in individual eyes, the lens has to be aligned to the specific axis of the individual. In such cases, even a minor deviation from the original axis can cause significant disturbance in final visual outcomes. Now with the introduction of Verion Digital Axis Marking system, these toric lenses can be aligned with outmost precision, up to 1 degree.
- Toric Lenses with Manual Marking: As discussed above, the final visual outcome in a toric lens depends on how precisely it is aligned to the original cylindrical axis of the eye. Since the manual markings cannot be as precise as digital markings, the manual system may give slightly inferior results compared to the digital system.
Dr. Shweta Jain
“Qualification:MBBS, DNB (Opthal)”
Dr. Rajiv Mohan
“Dr. Rajiv Mohan is a renowned ophthalmologist who has been instrumental in providing quality eye care and education in Northern India, both in private and charitable sectors. He received his medical degree from University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi in 1985 and Masters in Ophthalmology from Karnataka University in 1989. In 1990 he did his advanced medical training in the field of vitreo- retina from England and got his FRCS (Glasgow) in 2002. ”
Dr. Sanjiv Mohan
“Qualification: MBBS from SMS medical college Jaipur
MS from Dharwad university, Belgaum.
Trained for higher surgical training in Scotland U.K for 2 years.
Experience: Dr. Sanjiv Mohan has an experience of over 18 years as an Ophthalmologist”