A specialist ophthalmologist conducts an eye exam and views the health history to make positive results for patient plus get a benefit from the procedure. At Eyemantra Eye Centre in New Delhi, Our team of eye specialists evaluate the unique eye conditions of every patient and prescribe a treatment plan that will render the best visual outcome.
Get free consultation
How is the eye of the child different?
Just as a special doctor is needed for the child’s good health, even the eyes of a child necessitate specialist care. It is because the states in terms of eye care are totally diverse from that in adults. The reasons for this are as follows:
- The brain-eye connections are not fully made, so any deprivation of vision in early childhood, if it remains uncorrected, can result in lazy eye or amblyopia. These means that the visual potential of the child becomes limited, and even proper corrective glasses cannot help in later help. Amblyopia therapy is critical in the early years of life
- The congenital anomalies or disorders of development show up in the early years of life. These can range for refractive errors which merely require corrective glasses, to squint or misalignment of eyes, congenital nasolacrimal duct block, ptosis or lid droop and even cataract and glaucoma.
- Infants who are born prematurely with less birth weight. Also, the one has a prolonged tumultuous stay in the newborn nursery. They are a chance for a disease called Retinopathy of Prematurity. RoP is conceivably vision threatening and must be screened for in these high-risk.
- In settings of malnutrition, children are susceptible to Vitamin A deficiency, and its attendant eye problems including dry eye, corneal ulcers, and even blindness. Fussy and choosy eaters may also sometimes be deficient in some micronutrients despite being healthy and well fed otherwise.
- Children, because of their active lifestyle and playing outdoors are more prone to eye allergies and trauma.
- TV viewing, increased screen time and video games have given rise to a particular set of concerns in this age group.
- There is a set of eye tumors and malignancies that are typical of infancy and childhood like retinoblastoma.
What are the special tests and services that Eyemantra Eye Centre offers for children?
The eye specialists and the ancillary team at Eyemantra Eye Centre are fully aware that our children require special nurturing and care to thrive, and achieve their full potential. The team of eye care professionals is happy to partner with you in your efforts to ensure the best eye care for your child.
Eyemantra Eye Centre offers ethical technology in child vision care, with the insight compassion that is the hallmark of the patient acre with the group. The expert services and eye tests for children, in a supplement to primary eye care, include:
- Vision assessment and refraction under dilation
- Squint assessment and evaluation of binocular vision
- Amblyopia therapy
- Synaptophore assisted eye exercises for stimulating the eye muscles and binocular vision.
- Management of all childhood infections and allergies
- Trauma services
- Examination under sedation or anaesthesia, if indicated. Comprehensive pre-anaesthetic check-up and post-operative care.
- Glasses and low vision aids
- Surgical and medical management of childhood and congenital disorders, as indicated: congenital cataract, congenital ptosis, glaucoma and squint.
The surgeries performed routinely by the pediatric eye surgeons at Eyemantra Eye Centres include:
- Phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation with and without posterior capsulorhexis and vitrectomy.
- Intraocular lasers for RoP.
- Ptosis surgeries including sling surgery and other lid reconstructions.
- Complex and straightforward squint surgeries including recti and oblique muscles, syringing and probing, dacryocystorhinostomy, trabeculectomy with MMC and Ahmed Glaucoma Valve implantation, as well as complex vitreoretinal surgeries and retinal lasers.
Which is the best leading hospital for children eye care?
For your child’s eye care, Eyemantra Eye Centre is the best eye clinic and some of the top pediatric ophthalmologists in Delhi, who understand the importance of healthy eyes and good sight for the overall development of a child.
They are not only exemplary in their professionalism and training, but also in their ability to make friends with your child, and ensure that the children look forward to a visit to the eye doctor.
The environment in the pediatric ophthalmology department is always relaxed, and the staff always eager to play with the children, ensuring a trouble and hassle-free eye check-up for your precious little one.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a painless, continuous reduction in vision. An early cataract is linked with difficulty in reading in normal light situations, and additional illumination is needed. Extreme glare and decreased sharpness. Some experience a fast shift in the number/power of glasses. In advanced cases there is a total loss of sight and lens becomes pearly white in color.
If one experience any of the following issues, schedule an appointment with their eye doctor instantly:
Cloudy or blurry vision
Double vision (diplopia)
Fading of colors
Seeing halos around lights
Increased sensitivity to glare
There is a painless, gradual reduction of vision. Originally, some help is done by adjusting the spectacle number, but in advance cases, the spectacles also show to be inefficient.
Cataracts are the world’s head cause of blindness. Considering nearly 42% of all cases of blindness in every country. Luckily it’s easily treatable in the current age by a mild surgery.
Here are several signs that show child may be undergoing vision problems and require glasses:
- Complaining of headaches or eye injury
- Rubbing eyes extremely
- Tilting head or covering one eye
Subnormal best-corrected vision also after spectacle correction points towards the chance of amblyopia. Vision can be tested in children by several innovative pictures, letter acuity or symbol charts. It treated in a child as young as 2-3 year old. In a very young child, the strength of an eye to take up and control fixation is an indirect sign of the presence or absence of amblyopia. In children the eye deviation, big fixation choice of one eye means amblyopia.
No, Cataracts cannot be removed with a laser. The cloudy lens needs to be removed by a surgical incision. Though, after cataract surgery, back the artificial lens may become cloudy. This membrane can be simply opened with laser surgery.
For children, general anesthesia is applied. The child will be simply asleep. For adults only, regional anaesthesia or an eye block is mostly applied.