To preserve 6/6 vision have an eye-healthy diet. While numerous individuals prevail in executing healthy changes in their day to day lives, they usually neglect to make any productive steps for the health of a significant organ – The eyes.
Eyes are a very important part of the body, as they associate us with the world visually. Your eyes are the windows to the world as well as to your soul. Eyes are very sensitive and complex, they are vulnerable to many diseases.
The present fast-paced life and our reliance on technologies are some other reasons to be blamed for eye issues. It is very important to preserve your eyesight for maintaining a quality of life and the rules and regulations for doing so are very simple and coherent. You definitely know the majority of these things, and you’ve heard everyone, and surely, doctors praise enthusiastically regarding the goodness of leading a healthy and sound life, and your ophthalmologist will just stress on the same. The following are some points that will assist you with saving your 6/6 or 20/20 vision.
- 0.1 PROTECT YOUR EYES FROM THE SUN – To preserve 6/6 vision
- 0.2 STOP SMOKING– To preserve 6/6 vision
- 0.3 A WELL BALANCED DIET= HEALTHY EYES
- 0.4 USE SAFETY GOGGLES TO PREVENT EYE INJURIES– To preserve 6/6 vision
- 0.5 REDUCE YOUR SCREEN TIME
- 0.6 FOLLOW THE 20-20-20 RULE
- 0.7 VISIT YOUR OPHTHALMOLOGIST AT REGULAR INTERVALS
- 1 Conclusion
PROTECT YOUR EYES FROM THE SUN – To preserve 6/6 vision
Sunglasses avert certain sun-related eye diseases. Exposure to the sun’s UV rays for longer periods might lead to cataracts, macular degeneration, and pterygium. Wearing shades that have a UV protection layer can help ensure healthier eyes. It is very crucial to wear the appropriate sunglasses that protect the eyes from UV-A as well as UV-B radiation when outside. The suitable pair for use would be a pair that blocks 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB beams. Moreover, Wraparound shades help shield your eyes from the sides. Wraparound glasses have an extra preferred advantage of likewise preventing exposure to agents causing certain allergies, and diminishing the pace of tear film evaporation, and can massively assist patients with dust sensitivities and dry eye.
STOP SMOKING– To preserve 6/6 vision
Smoking has for quite some time been known to cause heart illness and lung malignancy; anyway, numerous individuals don’t understand that smoking can prompt vision loss. Studies show smoking builds up the risks of age-related macular degeneration, cataract, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy, and Dry Eye Syndrome. Reducing exposure to natural tobacco smoke and halting smoking are the key approaches to forestall tobacco smoke-related eye issues. It likewise makes your eyes drier and can have a few impacts which are undeniably progressively serious on your lungs. All doctors will encourage you to stop smoking since tobacco and tar items decline the free radical scavengers in your body, inclining its disease.
A WELL BALANCED DIET= HEALTHY EYES
Healthy food is a necessity to ensure eye health. You should make sure that your diet should include the following to ensure the recommended daily dose of nutrients:
Add Berries and citrus fruits like lemons, grapefruits, and oranges that are rich in vitamin C. adding these to your diet will help you prevent age-related eye problems.
Green leafy vegetables, for example, spinach, kale, and collard greens have lutein and zeaxanthin. The green pigmentation of these vegetables forestalls macular degeneration and cataracts. Apart from these, broccoli and peas contribute to the above eye healing supplements. Carrots are a great source of beta carotene and vitamin A, which are very essential for healthy eyesight.
- NON-VEGETARIAN DIET:
Because of oil in their gut and body tissue, most fishes like Tuna, salmon, trout, and mackerel are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Eggs also contain lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamins C and E, and zinc. Zinc helps in keeping your eyes healthy for long terms and it can be found in beef in rich amounts.
- NUTS, SEEDS, AND LEGUMES:
Legumes, nuts, and seeds contain Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E in high amounts. Walnuts, lentils, peanuts, cashew, chia, and flax seeds benefit your eye health.
Water plays a remarkable role in keeping your eyes healthy. It prevents dry eyes from getting dehydrating and also flushes out salt from your body.
USE SAFETY GOGGLES TO PREVENT EYE INJURIES– To preserve 6/6 vision
Regardless of whether at home or work, if you use apparatuses or any equipment that includes chemicals or airborne materials, ensure wearing the apt safety glasses or protective goggles. in case of fire hazard tools or fireworks, ensure your eyes are enough secured. Sports wounds are additionally a huge reason for the loss of vision so you should wear protective glasses while playing. Experts normally suggest head-gears with exceptional protective face masks or sports goggles with polycarbonate lenses for players.
REDUCE YOUR SCREEN TIME
Computer Eye Syndrome has become a common eye issue nowadays caused by working on digital screens like cell-phones, laptops, PC, etc for prolonged hours. This eye problem might cause:
To limit the ill impacts of screen time on your eyes, the following rules should be followed:
- Keep the screen or monitor at around 25 inches away. Position the screen such that the eye gaze is somewhat downward
- Decrease glare. Have a go at utilizing a matte screen channel.
- Change your room lighting and adjust the contrast of your screen to decrease eye strain
- Give your eyes some rest at regular intervals
- Try keeping your eyes moist
- Quit utilizing gadgets before bed. An excessive amount of blue light introduction late around evening time from your cell-phone or different gadgets may make it harder to get the chance to rest. Limit your screen time to max two hours before sleep time. Use night mode settings on gadgets and PCs that limit blue light exposure.
FOLLOW THE 20-20-20 RULE
Your eyes keep working hard throughout the day and need a break once in a while. The strain can be intense sometimes. To ease the strain, follow the 20-20-20 rule which says that you should stop staring at your computer every 20 minutes, and look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
VISIT YOUR OPHTHALMOLOGIST AT REGULAR INTERVALS
There are many eye diseases that can only be detected by a customary and comprehensive eye check-up. A yearly visit to the eye specialist, particularly after the age of forty is essential. The benefits of this are numerous:
- It helps you discover if you have, or you are at a risk for certain eye diseases. It is particularly for eye problems like which have no signs and symptoms until the advanced stages.
- If there is an illness procedure, it can be detected in the initial phases. To help protect your vision better early diagnosis and intervention are always better for the prognosis.
- It will enable your ophthalmologist to set a standard for your eye assessment, particularly for your anterior chamber depth, optic nerve status, and macular health. These can be followed up all the time, and any deviations from the pattern can be detected at an early stage, helping in better treatment procedures.
Therefore it is crucial to visit your ophthalmologist or eye care centre at regular intervals. One such super-speciality eye care centre is the EYE MANTRA hospital which provides services like glaucoma surgery, computer eye syndrome treatment, cataract surgery, retinal surgery, low vision aids, etc.
Eye Mantra provides undivided attention to vulnerable patients, children, elder citizens, and persons with certain disabilities or illnesses. The Ophthalmologists at Eye Mantra provides the best vision to the individuals with a reparable visual inability by building up a solitary point eye care arrangement. Ophthalmologists here give the best eye care by conveying innovative, reasonable, and legitimate arrangements within an ethical framework.
Call +91-8851044355 Now to book an appointment. Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also offer various services like Retina Surgery, Specs Removal, Lasik Surgery, Squint, Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma surgery, and much more.