Overview of Contacts vs Glasses
Contacts or Glasses which is suitable for you depend on different factors, and getting a question to this answer is not a simple task. .Glasses and contact lenses both can help you to deal with vision difficulties such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. An ophthalmologist can only decide how much vision correction you require depends on your eyes severity and vision loss.
Are glasses or contact lenses better for you?
The solution depends on what you do every day, your individual preferences, and your capability of coping up with the risk element. Contact lenses come with a heightened chance of infection, and somehow glasses can preserve your eyes from any eye injury and illness. Glasses don’t require any maintenance whereas we need to change lenses at regular intervals of time, Eyeglasses are more economical than contacts lenses. It depends on you for which option you need to go but always takes a piece of advice from an eye hospital so that they can suggest you the best for the body
What is a contact lens?
A contact lens is a thin, curved lens placed on the film of tears that covers the part of your eye. The lens itself is naturally clear but is given the smallest tinge of colour like an onion peel so it gets comfortable to wear. They are mostly used by youngsters and adults, and not used commonly by old people.
What is Eyeglasses?
They are a frame that contains 2 parts of glass or plastic, which have been filed into lenses to correct the refractive errors. Refractive errors can involve difficulty seeing far away ie. Myopia or trouble seeing close up ie. hyperopia. Eyeglasses work by adding or subtracting focusing power to the eye’s cornea and lens.
Basic difference between Contacts & Glasses
|Wear right on the eye for perfect and natural vision.||The gap between your eye and the lens sometimes generates distortion.|
|Your complete field of view is in focus. This is particularly important in sports and in driving, where you require to view all around as possible.||Lower peripheral (side) vision.|
|With contacts, no irritating obstacles or reflections are in view.||Continuous awareness of frame and lens edge also reflects the backside of the lens.|
|No weight and rising discomfort. No frame steadily sliding down your nose.||Uncomfortable pressure on your face and ears. Cyclic calls for tightening or another adjustment.|
|Contacts don’t fog up and remain the same with every temperature.||Glasses fog up with differences in temperature.|
|No disturbances, this offers contact lenses a preference among athletes.||Glasses are a disturbance while playing games and sports. As while running activity, there is a tension that glasses might get broke during running|
|A whole wardrobe of stylish, useful, affordable sunglasses is open to contact lens wearers.||Stylish and reasonable non-prescription sunglasses are not an alternative if you wear eyeglasses.|
|Contacts coordinate everything you wear.||Glasses require to complement your outfit. For example, casual frames may not look good with every part dress, Or you need a different colour of eyeglasses for every outfit|
|Contact lenses won’t get rashness and blurred vision into your eyes.||Eyeglasses are disturbing to use in tough weather conditions such as rain and snowfall.|
Benefits of Contacts lens
- Contacts adapt to the curvature of your eye, giving a broader field of view and creating fewer vision distortions and difficulties than eyeglasses.
- They are mostly devised to resolve different vision obstacles. You can opt for a various lens like disposable contacts, rigid gas permeable, toric contacts etc.
- They can be used while playing sports and exercising.
- Some contact lenses can reshape your cornea while you sleep. Overnight orthokeratology temporarily fixes the myopia problem. So you can see the next day without the requirement for glasses or contacts.
- Contact lenses perform great optical and functional roles. They are worn to give enhanced peripheral vision. They also do not get any moisture from rain or snow, and you can use them without any problems.
Benefits of Eyeglasses
- Wearing glasses decreases the necessity to touch your eyes, which in service decreases the possibility of irritating your eyes or catching an eye infection.
- Glasses provide some security from environmental constituents such as wind, dust and ruins.
- If you have dry or delicate eyes, glasses won’t worsen the problem as contact lenses have chances of creating trouble.
- Eyeglasses usually are more affordable than contact lenses over the long term. You don’t require to substitute glasses regularly as often except you break them. When your prescription changes over time, you can keep your current frames and just replace the lenses.
- Eyeglasses do help in vision problem correction as only if you wear them daily and especially at the time of reading.
Limitations of Contact lenses
- Some people have difficulty using a contact lens as there are risks linked with these eye devices. In most instances, contacts users can encounter scrapes, infections, scratches when wearing them. Corneal infections are prevalent among many people who wear them.
- Contacts decrease the volume of oxygen entering your eye and can create the hardness of dry eye syndrome.
- If you operate a computer often, wearing contact lenses create symptoms of computer vision syndrome.
- Contacts need proper lens care and lens case washing each day, to evade likely severe eye infections.
- If you unexpectedly fall asleep while wearing daily wear contacts, your eyes will get dry, rough, red and get irritated when you wake up. If you want this kind of lens then go for some extended wear contact lenses.
Limitations of Eyeglasses
- Some frames can exert continuous pressure on your nose and back of your ears, creating problems like headaches and general discomfort.
- Glasses can create difficulties such as blurry vision particularly if the wearer is using eyeglasses for the first time.
- Eyeglasses remain around 12mm from your eyes, so peripheral vision can be changed. Many people also describe trouble focusing on objects and vision gets blur when they initially start wearing glasses or change prescriptions.
Cost of Contacts vs Glasses
Contact lenses can end up costing high than eyeglasses if you wear them daily. You can save money by buying contact lens in every 6 to 12 months. Just take care of the fact that check with your ophthalmologists to have a prescription up-to-date.
Ask your optometrist to let you try different samples until you find the right one for your contact lens. as the contact lens does create some kind of irritation in the eye. So, it’s recommended that whenever you buy or try any contact lens do check with your eye doctor.
The cost of glasses are not much higher and they are easily available and is an evergreen product. But it totally depends on you which product you need to buy.
The improvement in contact lens technology has made a quite big impact on the users of it. Most people wear contact lenses, even if they wear glasses as wearing lenses is a primary form to correct your vision and also looks more stylish.
We highly recommend talking to your optician before buying any lenses to find out which power do you require.
So the choice to wear contacts or glasses is totally your personal choice. Some people prefer wearing both of them. Contact lens is an alternative to eyeglasses but the use of them depends on your eye problems and requirement of your eyes. The best way of understanding is to try them out for yourself.
If you want eyeglasses or contact lens with prescriptions you can visit our website Eyemantra. We are the best service providers of eye-related problems we also offer various services in spec removal like LASIK surgery, Contoura Vision, ICL and SMILE surgery. For any surgeries, linked to eyes do visit the best Eye Hospital Delhi Now!!!
Call +91-8851044355 and you can book an appointment. You can also mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember if you have any issues in your eyes you can contact us anytime. We also provide services for Retina Surgery, Specs Removal & Cataract Surgery. We are here to give you the best quality eye treatment